How a specialist pregnancy massage can help
Massage during pregnancy is a specialised practice that focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be as her body goes through the dramatic changes of pregnancy. It can enhance the function of muscles and joints, improve circulation and general body tone, and relieve mental and physical fatigue. As a massage therapist part of the beauty in massaging the mother-to-be is in knowing that the baby inside can also enjoy the relaxation.
What massage can do:
- Assists in remedying many of the common discomforts experienced during pregnancy: muscular discomforts, lower-back pain, upper-back pain, headaches, leg cramps, sciatica, stiffness, tension and knots, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches, heartburn and acid reflux, fatigue, varicose veins, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, edema of the lower extremities, neck pain, inter-scapular pain, sacroiliac and hip joint pain and constipation.
- If you have been diagnosed with SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) massage can help. Particular attention is paid to how I help the mother-to-be move on and off the couch.
- Improve respiration and aid breathing during pregnancy and birth
- Stimulate circulation to distribute essential nutrients to baby
- Help eliminate toxins and reduce swelling
- Help to reduce emotional stress and anxiety by stabilising hormone levels. Massage reduces the stress hormone cortisol and increases the feel good hormones, oxytocin and serotonin
- Help to keep blood pressure balanced
- Soothes and relaxes the nervous system by releasing endorphins into the mother’s body. As a result, the expectant mother feels more relaxed and at ease, and will also sleep more easily and more deeply
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's so lovely to be able to really relax into my body at this late stage of my pregnancy when I feel like I am being pushed and pulled from the inside. I know I will sleep well tonight, for the first time since this little one inside started dancing.
An amazing massage that helped to relax and to re-align some really tight muscles - great body work.
“Heather immediately identified I was struggling with pain in my shoulders and upper back and suggested massage. After an hours work I could feel the tension evaporate. I can not recommend Heather highly enough; her friendly yet professional approach combined with obvious understanding of the body enables her to quickly identify and address problem areas.”
“Heather is one of the best massage therapists I have experienced, she created a warm relaxed environment which instantly put me at ease. I enjoyed a deep massage in the areas which needed it and importantly, without me feeling bruised and battered afterwards. I look forward to regular treatments.”
“Heather is like the United Nations of massage therapists: very soothing, and excellent in trouble spots.”
If you would like to discuss a mobile visit, please contact Live Well Massage.
AT DEDDINGTON CLINIC
Deddington 0X15 0SL
£65 / 75MINS
Package on application
Cancellation policy: Stuff happens! I do appreciate as much warning as possible if you have to cancel.
The full amount is usually charged if an appointment is cancelled less than 6 hours in advance.
* Please note that all treatment timings include the initial consultation and some time at the end for after care.
Learn more about massage & bodywork
Read about the latest in massage research and techniques as well as recent
Live Well Massage news with these informative articles and posts